S5 based in Hamburg is expanding their business. For this reason we are looking for a:
As a Ships Agent you are responsible for properly and accurately executing all activities for the ships in the port of Hamburg. You will be working both in the office and on board of the vessels with emphasis on visiting ships arriving and departing. There is a good combination of work in the office and going out.
- Ensure that the ships are cleared regardless of time or place
- Be a focal point for the principal
- Operational and financial tasks plus drawing proformas serving agencies
- Visiting ships during stay in port
- Preparation of documentation (e.g. Bills of Lading) check received bills on accuracy and forward to the administration for further processing and payment
- Correspondence to agencies plus necessary documentation
- Contact with customs stevedores ship suppliers repairers cargo interests and various port authorities etc.
This position is for our Captains Room in Hamburg and part of our Captain Rooms in Rotterdam Amsterdam Flushing Maasvlakte and Antwerp.
No 9-to-5 mentality
Willing to work irregularly
Meets our core values: Service Innovation Integrity and No-nonsense
- Mid-level training completed preferably shipping-related
- Nautical background and affinity with shipping
- Communicative skills in the German and English language (both spoken and written)
- In possession of a drivers#39 license and lives in the direct area of Hamburg.
S5 offers your an exciting job in a growing international and highly professional environment.
Salary and other benefits
Market conform salary
Personal development plan and opportunities for education
Contribution to retirement fund and health insurance etc.
Yes I want this job
We invite you to apply! Please let us know why you would like to work for S5 and why you think you are suitable for the job. I you have any questions please feel free to contact our Human Resource Department via 31(0)10-506 2000.
You can apply for this position via our career page: https://s5.heeft-vacatures.nl