Working @ S5 - Work hard play hard!
At S5 we donrsquot expect our customers to settle for second-best and you shouldnrsquot either. Like you we have great ambitions: to become the worldrsquos leading shipping agency service. Challenging for sure and hard work but also interesting dynamic satisfying and definitely fun. Always with our corporate values as a solid foundation of course.
Our no-nonsense approach is to-the-point and clear hands-on and can-do. From communicating with worldwide customers to having a nest of poisonous spiders removed from a shipment - never a dull moment! Fortunately you always have your colleagues to fall back on who are dedicated professionals like yourself. Independent team players who together want to make a difference to our customers and help improve our shipping industry.
Everything at S5 is new and we are open to any innovation or change which might benefit our customers. If you see a new opportunity we will encourage you to seize it. We will also encourage you to grow along with us with plenty of career opportunities and a strong focus on professional training.
From day one you are an integral part of our team both inside and outside the office. The annual S5 North Europe Anniversary Day for example is really something else. More than anything we need team spirit to realize our international ambitions. In a dynamic world we aim to grow fast. To become the best because only the best will do! Expecting the unexpected
S5 is looking for a:
In this role you will develop and implement sales activity plans in the area of responsibility including business development. You are responsible for empowering and spreading the S5 vision discovering new clients and building a solid relationship with the existing ones. Last but not least you won#39t settle for less than maintaining high service regarding sales and expanding the opportunities for S5.
- Participate in setting the sales strategy of S5 North Europe
- Prepare and implement sales activities plans in area in line with sales strategy and sales vision of S5 North Europe
- Responsible for the sales budget for customers within the region
- Reporting and review of the sales performance to ensure we meet sales targets (monthly quarterly and annually)
- Prospect and build sales pipeline within the area
- Ensure sales leads are identified and progressed along sales pipeline
- Identify develop negotiate and close new business opportunities
- Work closely with client managers within the area to grow existing business organically
- Arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect new business (business development)
- Arrange and represent S5 on trade exhibitions and other events within the area along with the Marketing departement.
The Sales team is based in Rotterdam and regional responsible for sales within Europe. Being based in Rotterdam is not necassery for this postion.
Full time available
Able to work within an international environment and ready to travel (being based internationally is an option)
Meets our core values: Service Innovation Integrity and No-Nonsense.
- Have a degree in Shipping Commerce or Business Management
- You have a minimum of 5 yearsrsquo experience in a similar role
- You have a proven track record of success in the shipping business
- Have good communicative skills and good knowledge of English both speaking and written.
S5 offers a challenging job with good opportunities to develop yourself within a growing international and professional environment.
Salary and other benefits
Personal development and training opportunities
Pension contribution to health insurance travel expenses etc.
Yes I want this job
We invite you to apply! Please send us your CV and cover letter. In this cover letter let us know why you want to work for S5 and why you think you are suitable for this position. Do you have any questions regarding this position please feel free to contact our Human Resources department at 31(0)10 506 20 00.